Perched two hundred feet above the river, the cottage provides a broad panorama
Your cottage has three bedrooms with comfortable queen beds. A sofa bed provides another single. There is one modern bath with shower/tub, a living area and a large kitchen and laundry. Free WiFi and ROKU TV are provided.. A wooden deck overlooks the broad valley with room for outdoor dining or just relaxing. Enjoy a wood fire over the river for evenings of stories and laughter. The cottage is “turn-key”, you will find everything you need except for your personal items.
Local historians, now long gone, claimed that an Indian house once stood on this scenic spot on the bluff over the river. Perhaps in proof of that, we have found many ancient artifacts here over the years. Now, from the comfort of this modern cottage, it is not hard to envision those early people enjoying this special location. You’ll make this your central location for trips to the river, hikes in the woods, for forays up beautiful Clifty Creek, antiquing or shopping trips, or for simply relaxing. Find history and serenity above the valley.
- Secluded in the trees well away from any neighbors
- A trail leads down to the lookout point and to the river
- Canoes provided for guests
- Self-catering (full kitchen) with utensils
- Three bedrooms with queen beds and a single pull-out couch
- Free WiFi
- ROKU TV and DVD player with library of DVDs
- Comfortable deck and outdoor furniture
Heat and air-conditioning
- Outside fire pit (wood provided)
. Children and pets welcome (simple rules)
- Smoking outside only