Discover the romance of yesteryear secluded in the trees not far from the river.
You’ll find this snug little retreat far from the workaday world, containing all the comforts of home a la 1880….the ultimate in romantic seclusion. Perhaps is is not for everyone, but those that stay in the cabin simply love it! There is no electricity (no summer cooling), but there’s there is oh-so-much privacy! One guest said, “If this is what the past was like, I don’t know why we bothered with the future.”
Retire from the porch swing in the evenings to the gentle light of kerosene lamps.. Of course, there is a ‘path to the bath’. A comfortable iron double bed provides for two people. The small antique gas range, sink and Icebox afford full cooking. The wall furnace provides heating, or you can stoke the wood stove if there is a chill
It is a short walk to the river for fishing, canoeing, exploring. An outside fire pit makes for mellow evenings around a cozy blaze. Firewood is provided. In fact, we think you will find everything you need. Bring only your personal things and a sense of adventure. Leave your cares and modern times behind.
- Secluded away in the trees
- Short walk to the river & canoes
- Off the power grid – no electricity
- Self catering (full cooking)
- Maximum two people
- Comfortable porch & swing
- Warmth provided by a wall furnace or use the wood stove
- Outside fire pit (wood provided)
- Dogs welcome (simple rules)
- Comfortable antique double bed
- Horse pen
- Smoking outside only
- Comfortable outdoor privy.