Discover the romance of yesteryear secluded in the trees not far from the river.
This snug little retreat from the workaday world contains all the comforts of home a la 1880. The ultimate in romantic seclusion. Not for everyone perhaps, but those that stay in the cabin love it! There is no electricity (no summer cooling), but there’s there is oh-so-much privacy! One guest said, “If this is what the past was like, I don’t know why we bothered with the future.”
Retire from the porch swing in the evenings to the gentle light of kerosene lamps. Stoke the wood stove if there is a chill. Of course, there is a ‘path to the bath’. A comfortable iron double bed provides for two people only. A small antique gas range affords full cooking. A small wall furnace provides convenient heating.
From the cabin it is only a short walk to the river for fishing, canoeing, exploring. An outside fire pit makes for mellow evenings around a cozy blaze. Firewood is provided. In fact, we think you will find everything you need. Bring only your personal things and a sense of adventure. Leave your cares and modern times behind.
- Secluded away in the trees
- Short walk to the river & canoes
- Off the power grid – no electricity
- Self catering (full cooking)
- Maximum two people
- Comfortable porch & swing
- Wood stove for heat or convenient wall furnace
- Outside fire pit (wood provided)
- Dogs welcome (simple rules)
- Comfortable antique double bed
- Horse pen
- Smoking outside only